Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
At a special meeting of council tonight it has been decided, with cross-party support, that the council will close its facilities to the public with immediate effect.
FACILITIES TO CLOSE
- Lagan Valley Island Bradford Court
- Lagan Valley LeisurePlex
- Dundonald International Ice Bowl
- Lough Moss Leisure Centre
- Grove, Glenmore and Kilmakee Activity Centres
- ISLAND Arts Centre
- Irish Linen Centre & Lisburn Museum
- Bridge, Moneyreagh, Enler and Ballyoran Community Centres
- Visitor Information Centres in Hillsborough and Lisburn.
- Council football pitches
- Bowling Greens
- Dundonald Caravan Park
FACILITIES THAT WILL REMAIN OPEN
Household Recycling Centres
- The Cutts, Drumlough and Carryduff recycling centres will operate as normal. Opening hours may be extended but this will be communicated via the council website, Facebook and Twitter. Please note that in advance of visiting the sites your waste should be pre-sorted and where necessary securely bagged. If you or someone in your house either has tested positive for coronavirus (Covid-19) or thinks that they may have it, personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into a second bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste in the room in which you are self-isolating. Keep these bags aside for at least 72 hours before putting into your usual external black/ grey household waste bin or bringing to the Household Recycling Centre.
- Parks and Playparks
All council parks and playparks will remain open. Castlereagh Hills and Aberdelghy Golf courses will remain open to members at present with no pay and play. Clubhouses will be closed to public and members. Allotments Public Toilets
At this stage household collections of bins will continue as planned. Bins and containers will be emptied as normal. Bookings for bulky household collections will no longer be accepted and so far as possible existing requests will be honoured. Any changes to these service arrangements will be communicated via the council website, Facebook and Twitter.
REGISTRATION OF BIRTHS, DEATHS AND MARRIAGES
Registration services will continue to operate by appointment only at Lagan Valley Island. Further information is available at: https://www.lisburncastlereagh.gov.uk/…/registration-of-bir…
Due to the closure of our leisure facilities all Vitality Memberships will now be suspended. You don’t need to do anything as no money will be debited during this period. All updates will be posted on our Vitality Lisburn Castlereagh Facebook page @vitalitylisburncastlereagh and Vitality Member App.
All events arranged by the council and events hosted in council premises between now and end of June will be postponed. If possible these will be re-arranged at a later date.
Please follow the current public health guidance on the Public Health Agency's website.
Look out for family, friends and neighbours who are vulnerable.
All updates will be placed on our website, Facebook and Twitter.